Record Results

I Lost My Leg and Arm In A Serious Accident At The Glamis Dunes Recreational Area In Southern California. Can I Sue The National Park?

If you were involved in a serious accident at a federal park, you may be able to sue under a law called the Federal Tort Claims Act.

However, lawsuit against the federal government can be tricky. There are a lot of limitations on such lawsuits, and the process can be lengthy.

The Federal Tort Claims Act allows some types of lawsuits against federal employees who are acting within the scope of their employment.

Therefore, if you believe you may have a claim for negligence against the park, you can use the FTCA to sue. Only certain types of lawsuits against the federal government are allowed under the FTCA. There are numerous limitations and exceptions under the law.

Mr. Doyle is one of the few attorneys in the country to have argued an FTCA case before the United States Supreme Court and obtained a verdict against the United States in federal district court (the trial court).  

He has successfully handled numerous FTCA cases against the United States and his courtroom successes have been reported in the media worldwide.

In addition to meeting the legal requirements to sue under the FTCA, you also must follow certain steps in making a claim.

You must first file a claim with the federal agency responsible for the misconduct. The agency then has six months to respond, and you have six months after that to file a lawsuit.

FTCA claims aren’t simple or quick. However, in many cases they are the best option for an injured party who needs compensation from an accident.

If you have suffered an amputation, or another serious injury in California, as the result of negligence of a federal employee, call me,Amputation Lawyer Conal Doyle at 310-385-0567. As an amputee myself, I uniquely understand the challenges that amputees face. Call me to learn more.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Schedule Your FREE Consultation
Millions Recovered For Our Clients In Personal Injury And Wrongful Death Cases

Bold labels are required.

I have read the disclaimer. Privacy Policy

Office Location

Doyle Law
9401 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 608
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone: 310-651-8272
Fax: 310-943-1780
Map & Directions

Don’t Hesitate

Remember, the sooner you begin this process, the sooner your life will return to normal. So, don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns if you or a loved one has been injured.
Call Today 310-651-8272