Amputee Support Groups and Limb Loss Resources
Amputee Support Groups offer peer support, clinical research opportunities, information sharing and in some cases, counseling services. Many groups also offer support for spouses and siblings.
These groups and resources are here to help….so make sure you take advantage of what they have to offer.
Just below, you’ll see a number of excellent resources.
The challenge of recovering from losing a limb or discovering that your child will be born with limb loss can be traumatic. There are many support groups in the United States and Overseas that can help families work through this crisis.
- Amputee Coalition: Just click the drop down arrow and choose your state. All support groups in your area will be listed.
- Support Group Resources to download.
Clinical Research Opportunities
Just below is a link to research opportunities that identify needs, evaluate care and use of new technologies.
- Limb Loss Resource Center: Comprehensive and specific limb-loss information.
- Information To Help Caregivers
- Information for Recent Amputees
- Information For Parents & Children
- Information for Seniors