Amputee Coalition Publications
An Outreach Program of the Amputee Coalition of America’s National Limb Loss Information Center
NOW AVAILABLE AS FREE DOWNLOADABLE FILES!
LLEAP addresses a key problem: the social stigma of children with disabilities, particularly those with a limb difference. The curriculum is based upon the premise that children can be taught to recognize and appreciate differences in themselves and others. Through a sequence of multi-sensory activities, children will:
- Realize that individuals are more alike than different
- Identify their own strengths and attributes
- Develop an appreciation for the strengths and accomplishments of other people
- Explore interdependence and the nature of the helping relationship
- Become aware of how limb loss/limb difference might affect daily activities
- Appreciate the strengths & accomplishments of individuals with limb loss/limb differences
- Understand the types, functions, and limitations of prostheses
- With more than twenty classroom activities, the curriculum can be adapted for use with children from preschool through sixth grade.
FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!
- » Manual
- » Photos
- » Stickers
Stickers can be printed off on home printer using Avery 6578 labels (2″ x 2 5/8″ size labels)
- » Bookmarks
Bookmarks can be printed off on home printer using standard bookmark paper</span
Disclaimer: The following information is provided and owned by the Amputation Coalition of America and was previously published on the website http://www.amputee-coalition.org or the Coalitions Newsletter, inMotion.